The overall objective of this short e-learning course is to give learners a basic understanding of the human rights framework.
The course is aimed primarily at:
MFA staff with job responsibilities within policy dialogue, development cooperation and/or human rights at a bilateral mission or at an HQ department.
MFA staff with job responsibilities at a multilateral mission regarding international organisations, development cooperation and/or human rights.
This course will introduce you to:
- the international human rights framework
- key elements of the human rights framework, including treaties, monitoring mechanisms and more
- how to base policy dialogue on a human rights analysis
- using the human rights framework in programming of development assistance
- Denmark’s human rights profile
The course has the following modules:
- Why should I learn about human rights?
- What is the human rights framework?
- How to use human rights in policy dialogue?
- How to use the human rights framework in programming
- A note on Denmark’s human rights record
There are links to other resources in this course. If a link is inactive because the content has been moved, you are recommended to use the search function on the internet/intranet to locate the resource.
Links to other resources
The MFA HRBA Portal (employees only)
Danida Aid Management Guidelines
Danida internet site
Strategy for Denmark’s Development Cooperation