Karen Ellemann Kloch, born 26 August 1969 in Charlottenlund, daughter of former Minister for Foreign Affairs Uffe Ellemann-Jensen and secretary Hanne Ellemann-Jensen. Married to Kresten Kloch. Mother of two children, born in 1998 and 1999.
• Member of Parliament for the Liberal Party in Greater Copenhagen greater constituency from 13 November 2007.
• Candidate for the Liberal Party in Brøndby nomination district from 2007.
• Minister of Gender Equality and Nordic Cooperation from 28 November 2016.
• Minister for Social Affairs and the Interior 28 June 2015 – 28 November 2016.
• Minister for the Environment and Minister for Nordic Cooperation 23 February 2010 – 3 October 2011.
• Minister of the Interior and Social Affairs 7 April 2009 – 3 February 2010.
• Spokeswoman on: social affairs 2014-2015, primary school and youth education 2011-2014, family policy, immigration and integration 2007-2009.
• Member of the Children's and Education Committee, the Social Affairs Committee, the Gender Equality Committee, the Immigration and Integration Affairs Committee and the delegation to the Nordic Council 2011-2015.
• Member of the Social Services Committee, the Foreign Affairs Committee and the Immigration and Integration Affairs Committee 2007-2009.
Education and jobs
• Trained as a school teacher, N. Zahles College of Education 2002-2004.
• Matriculated, Holte Upper Secondary School 1986-1989.
• Teacher, Rungsted School 2003-2007.
• Self-employed journalist 1999-2002.
• Daily manager, Dagmar Theatre 1996-1999.
• Head of Administration, Brinkmann Kommunikation 1995-1996.
• Daily manager, Scandinavian Models 1993-1995.
• Consultant, The Voice 1990-1993.
Former chairwoman of the private foundation Elleslettegård. Former member of the management committee of 'Fonden for Social Ansvar' (The Fund for Social Responsibility) (including 'Natteravnene'). Former member of the management committee of 'Foreningen Østifterne'. Former chairwoman of The Norden Association. Former member of the board of 'Fonden Frie Børnehaver' (The Fund for Unaffiliated Kindergartens).