- Invest in Denmark positive about developments in 2016
- DKK 300 million to combat the acute hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa
The Danish Minister for Development Cooperation, Ulla Tørnæs, is increasing Denmark’s humanitarian efforts in combating the acute hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa and Yemen.
- Denmark to give DKK 7 million towards prosecuting war crimes in Syria
The Danish government has opted to donate DKK 7.65 million towards a new UN initiative, the purpose of which is to secure prosecutions for the brutal human rights abuses, war crimes and crimes against humanity that take place daily in Syria.
- Singularity University establishes new organisation in Denmark
The acknowledged think tank and educational institution Singularity University from Silicon Valley has chosen Denmark as location for its next collaborative venture. The new organisation, operating under the name SingularityU Denmark, will be located in a 5000m2 innovative environment in Copenhagen Science City and is expected to boost digitisation, innovation and entrepreneurship in Denmark.
- Denmark donates DKK 20 million to child victims of Boko Haram
The Danish government is donating DKK 20 million towards Unicef’s efforts to help children and former child soldiers who have fled the terrorist movement Boko Haram in Nigeria and neighbouring countries.
- Denmark celebrates the 180 year anniversary of diplomatic relations to the Kingdom of Belgium
- Denmark and like-minded countries are encouraging the EU to increase support for women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Denmark is co-hosting international conference on women's rights
- Denmark announces its candidacy for hosting the European Medicines Agency
Today, the Danish government has announced that Denmark will work towards getting the European Medicines Agency (EMA) relocated from London to Copenhagen, when the United Kingdom leaves the EU.
- Tørnæs gathers European alliance working for women's health
- EU and Denmark launch Euro 16 million EU Anti-Corruption Initiative in Ukraine
Today, the European Union’s Anti-Corruption Initiative in Ukraine will be launched in cooperation with Denmark (the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Danida), as implementing partner.
- Anders Samuelsen announces digitisation ambassador
Denmark today announced the appointment of a digitisation ambassador.
- Temporary disruption of IT-services
On Saturday 28th January and Saturday 4th February, the IT-services in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark and all embassies will be temporarily shut down.
- Denmark is again named the world's least corrupt country
For the fourth consecutive year Denmark is among the top countries in the world with the least corruption in the public sector.
- Danish Special Forces assigned with new tasks in the Coalition's fight against Da'esh
Today, the Danish Government consulted with Parliament on an expansion of the scope of operations for the Danish Special Forces as part of the Global Coalition’s fight against Da’esh.
- Facebook establishes large data centre in Odense
- Danish plane to monitor EU’s external borders in the Mediterranean
- Denmark to take on even more responsibility
Today, Anders Samuelsen will be making his first trip
as Minister for Foreign Affairs. Anders Samuelsen heads to Brussels to attend NATO’s
meeting for Ministers of Foreign Affairs today and tomorrow, and to meet
bilaterally with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
- World's biggest anti-corruption conference to Copenhagen: Denmark on home ground
Denmark has been chosen to host the world’s biggest anti-corruption conference. The conference is arranged in collaboration with the organisation Transparency International and International Anti-Corruption Conference Council and will take place in 2018.
- Danish Government will continue significant contribution to the fight against ISIL
In a meeting of the Danish Parliament’s Foreign Policy Committee, the Government consulted with the Parliament regarding the expansion of Danish training efforts in Iraq with an engineering and construction team.