- Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW)
- Waste management in the US is a big market opportunity for Denmark
- Danish government supports mega events for LGBTI people
The government has given its official declaration of support to endeavours to attract two international mega events, WorldPride and EuroGames, to Copenhagen in 2021 under the joint title Copenhagen 2021.
- Government donates an additional EUR 33.5 million to Syrias civilians
The Minister for Development Cooperation, Ulla Tørnæs, is now ramping up the support provided to victims of the war in Syria. This involves a new EUR 33.5 million (DKK 250 million) allocation of funds, directed to humanitarian emergency assistance and more long-term development missions in Syria and its neighbouring countries.
- Denmark donates EUR 40.000 to the rescue mission after the mudslide in Colombia
With an emergency donation of EUR 40.000 (DKK 300.000) in humanitarian funds, Denmark is now contributing to the rescue work in response to the mudslide last weekend in Colombia. Denmark’s contribution is expected to go to immediate emergency assistance, such as clean water, food, clothing, and medicine to the families affected.
- Government allocates EUR 6.7 million to the stabilisation efforts in Syria for 2017
Anders Samuelsen, the Minister for Foreign Affairs, is emphasising Denmark’s broad commitment in Syria, in announcing a resource allocation of EUR 6.7 million (DKK 50 million) to the Danish stabilisation efforts in 2017. Among other purposes, the contribution will go to the support of the Free Syrian Police, Syrian civil defence and the UN-led peace negotiations.
- Denmark launches Global Goals action plan
On Friday the Danish government is launching a national action plan relating to the UN’s 17 Global Goals for eradicating poverty and creating sustainable development worldwide.
- Denmark hosts meeting of the international coalition against ISIL
Over 120 experts in anti-laundering and counter-terrorism will be assembled from 29th to 30th of March in Copenhagen as part of the financial working group of the coalition, the Counter ISIL Finance Group (CIFG).
- Invest in Denmark positive about developments in 2016
- DKK 300 million to combat the acute hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa
The Danish Minister for Development Cooperation, Ulla Tørnæs, is increasing Denmark’s humanitarian efforts in combating the acute hunger crisis in the Horn of Africa and Yemen.
- Denmark to give DKK 7 million towards prosecuting war crimes in Syria
The Danish government has opted to donate DKK 7.65 million towards a new UN initiative, the purpose of which is to secure prosecutions for the brutal human rights abuses, war crimes and crimes against humanity that take place daily in Syria.
- Singularity University establishes new organisation in Denmark
The acknowledged think tank and educational institution Singularity University from Silicon Valley has chosen Denmark as location for its next collaborative venture. The new organisation, operating under the name SingularityU Denmark, will be located in a 5000m2 innovative environment in Copenhagen Science City and is expected to boost digitisation, innovation and entrepreneurship in Denmark.
- Denmark donates DKK 20 million to child victims of Boko Haram
The Danish government is donating DKK 20 million towards Unicef’s efforts to help children and former child soldiers who have fled the terrorist movement Boko Haram in Nigeria and neighbouring countries.
- Denmark celebrates the 180 year anniversary of diplomatic relations to the Kingdom of Belgium
- Denmark and like-minded countries are encouraging the EU to increase support for women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Denmark is co-hosting international conference on women's rights
- Denmark announces its candidacy for hosting the European Medicines Agency
Today, the Danish government has announced that Denmark will work towards getting the European Medicines Agency (EMA) relocated from London to Copenhagen, when the United Kingdom leaves the EU.
- Tørnæs gathers European alliance working for women's health
- EU and Denmark launch Euro 16 million EU Anti-Corruption Initiative in Ukraine
Today, the European Union’s Anti-Corruption Initiative in Ukraine will be launched in cooperation with Denmark (the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Danida), as implementing partner.
- Anders Samuelsen announces digitisation ambassador
Denmark today announced the appointment of a digitisation ambassador.