Skip to content

Divorce decree/Certificate
of marital status

It is important that your divorce/marital status document contains an original "wet" signature. The name and title of the signatory has to be easily readable, in order for us to be able to legalise it.

If you have received your divorce/marital status document by email/e-boks, your divorce papers have a computer-generated or scanned signature that we cannot legalise. Hence, you must contact The Family Agency of Law, and ask them to send your divorce papers with a “wet” signature to you by post.

If we do not have the signatory in our system, we have to contact The Agency of Family Law to verify that the signature is genuine. To speed up the process, you may request The Agency of Family Law to send an email with a scanned signature to our secure email address, confirming the employee’s signature. The employee's name and position must also be included.

How do I get an Apostille/legalisation?

When you have the signed your divorce/marital status document, you must order and pay for the Apostille/legalisation as well as any return postage via our webshop.

Once you have made your purchase, you must proceed with one of the following:

  • Personally attend the Legalisation Office during the opening hours and hand in/pick up the original document. The document will be legalised, while you wait.

  • Send the original document by mail. Please remember to enclose the receipt from the webshop also including the additional fee to cover the postage. The processing time for documents received by mail is up to 5 business days, counting from the day we receive the document.