Skip to content

Certificates of residence and civil status

How to obtain the document
Collect a physical certificate of residence and/or civil status from Borgerservice or ask Borgersevice to send the certificate directly to the Legalisation Office. The physical certificate must be stamped and signed with a physical/wet signature by an employee at Borgerservice. The signature should include the name and title of the person who signed it. Scanned or copied signatures are not accepted.

How do I get an Apostille/legalisation?

To get an Apostille or legalisation for your signed certificate, follow these steps:

  • Order and pay for the Apostille/legalisation through our webshop. Please see our webshop guide for assistance.

 After making the purchase, choose one of  the following options:

  • Personally visit the Legalisation Office during the opening hours to submit/pick up the original document. The document will be legalised while you  wait.
  • Send the original document by post. Please remember to enclose the receipt from the webshop. If you want the letter sent as recommended letter you can enclose a printed label from PostNord which you can order here.
  • If you prefer, you can order a courier to pick up the letter at our office and send us the waybill.


When the document is legalised, we will send it back by using the selected delivery method. Please note that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not responsible for the shipment.