Skip to content

Divorce decree / Certificate of marital status

How to obtain the document

To ensure the validity of your divorce or marital status document, it is crucial to have physical/wet signature on it. The signature should include the name and title of the person who signed it. Scanned or copied signatures are not accepted.

To get an Apostille or legalisation for your signed certificate, follow these steps:

  • Purchase an Apostille or legalisation through our webshop. Please see our webshop guide here for assistance.

Once you have made your purchase, you must proceed with one of the following:

  • Personally visit the Legalisation Office during the opening hours to submit/pick up the original document. The document will be legalised while you wait.
  • Send the original document by post. Please remember to enclose the receipt from the webshop.
  • If you want the letter returned as recommended letter you can enclose a printed label from PostNord which you can order here

If you prefer, you can order a courier to pick up the letter at our office and send us the waybill. 

Please note that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not responsible for the shipment.