Skip to content

Educational documents and diplomas

How to obtain the document

  • Retrieve the original document from the educational institution and make sure the diploma is stamped and has a physical/wet signature. If the diploma has a scanned or copied signature, it cannot be legalised.  
  • Contact the educational institution that issued the diploma and ask for a true copy that has a physical/wet signature on all the pages of the diploma.

If we do not have the person's signature on file, we need to contact the school or university administration to verify the signature. To speed up the process, ask your school or university administration to send a scanned signature to the Legalisation Office's digital mailbox: Udenrigsministeriet/Legaliseringen, where the administrator confirms their signature. The document should clearly state the signatory's name and position.


Student certificates:

  • In addition to physically signed student certificates, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs also offers legalisation of digitally signed student certificates. If you graduated from STX, HHX, or HTX after 2004, you can retrieve your student certificate through the Ministry of Education's portal "Min kompetencemappe." Instructions on how to retrieve and upload your digitally signed student certificate can be found here. The instructions are in Danish, but the guide's pictures can help.

Please note:

We cannot legalise notarized copies of Danish educational documents. We only legalise educational documents and diplomas from recognized and accredited Danish schools, universities, and degree programs.


To get an Apostille/legalisation for your signed certificate, follow these steps:

Order and pay for the Apostille/legalisation through our webshop. Please see our webshop guidefor assistance.


Once you have made your purchase, you must proceed with one of the following:

  • Personally visit the Legalisation Office during the opening hours to submit/pick up the original document. The document will be legalised while you wait. 
  • Send the original document by post. Please remember to enclose the receipt from the webshop. If you want the letter returned as recommended letter you can enclose a printed label from PostNord which you can order here.
  • If you prefer, you can order a courier to pick up the letter at our office and send us the waybill to [email protected].


When the document is legalised, we will send it back by using the selected delivery method.

Please note that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is not responsible for the shipment.


Only for STX, HHX or HTX students:

  • Upload and receive a physically signed document by mail. This is only possible if you have uploaded a document with a physical signature.
  • Receive the Apostille as an E-Apostille (only possible if you have uploaded a digitally signed document) directly in your browser. The Apostille is available in the browser immediately after the purchase. If you close the browser, you will not be able to retrieve the Apostille.